EJ’s 2014 Year End Review- Highlights, Photos, and Videos…
Some highlights in 2014:
- Married 25 years in August
- Turned 50 in March
- Team USA Athlete for 25 years
- President of Jackson Kayak for the 11th year.
Athletic accomplishments: 10 podium finishes in Whitewater freestyle and racing.
A few Jackson Kayak noteworthy achievements in 2014
- Launches more new product in 2014 than any other brand by 2 times.
- #1 in whitewater sales and new designs for the 7th year in a row.
- Earns Governors Award for Trade Excellence in State of Tennessee.
- Launches into the making of its own cooler brand- Orion Coolers
- Grows again in 2014 our 11th straight season of growth.
- #1 in fishing kayak sales.
Some personal directional changes additions in 2014:
- Increased focus on fishing, planning on a fishing career to accompany my whitewater career.
- Caught 8 bass over 8 pounds in one year- 5 over 10 pounds.
- Became a “Pear Sports Coach”, and recorded 5 workouts that can be downloaded on new interactive coaching platform out of Southern CA.
- New TV Series pilots on the Jackson family filmed in Austria and Zambia that are coming out on the Travel Channel in 2015
New sponsors in 2014:
- Raymarine- Fish finders
- Power-Pole- shallow water anchors
- Ardent Fishing Reels
- Cashion Fishing Rods
- Buckeye Lures
- Pear Sports
Number of TV show appearances in 2014: 12
Number of countries visited: 12
Number of states visited: 25+ (I got tired of counting just now… moving on)
My favorite part of the year… the excitement and obsession of fishing seriously again was a common thread of my entire year. My favorite trip was Zambia, my favorite River is still the Zambezi.