Is the Fun Runner the right river running kayak for you?
If you are a fan of lightweight, comfortable, sporty kayaks, but want to stay upright and only do surface playboating (surfing, and zipping around) in the middle of your river runs, the Fun Runner is your ticket. Jackson Kayak is no stranger to creating, or re-creating categories of kayaks to assure that you, the paddler, or want to be paddler, has the right tools to put a smile on your face every day you are on the water. We brought kayaks to kids, to large people, to friends/family wanting a tandem on top of answering the needs of the creekers, playboaters, and competitors.
Today we are launching a new category for today’s river runners… The “Sporty River Runner”. While the Fun series has done an incredible job for Jackson Kayak paddlers as the top selling river running playboat for the past 8 years straight, many people are interested in more speed, less vertical play, but don’t want a big bulky, heavy river runner that broaches the creek boat category. The Fun Runner delivers a ton of Fun, while delivering it in a longer, higher volume, more comfortable package that stays on the surface, and horizontal, and right side up with much more ease than anything we have ever done before.
Paddlers (or instructors teaching them) just learning to kayak, to roll, to river run, or get their first surf will be blow away with how well the Fun Runner delivers each part of the river running and learning experience.
Some specific paddling characteristics you’ll find in this boat that will provide a record number of “smiles per mile” to your local run are:
- Lightweight- the Sixty is coming in at under 36 pounds! not far off of playboat weights!
- Sporty- this river runner is maneuverable, and quick to turn, quick to accelerate, and a joy to surf any wave or hole due to the 7’4″ length, full planing hull, slicey, but higher volume cross sections, and ample rocker.
- comfortable- A slightly lower/narrower knee position is perfect for this longer boat with the uni-shock bulkhead and ample footroom.
- Stable/side to side and horizontally- The full planing hull provides a confidence inspiring initial feeling, while the 60 gallons of volume are spread out in a way to keep the boat flat on the water instead of getting squirted around.
- Smooth performance shape- Fun comes in many forms, the Fun Runner has a very smooth, efficient shape that delivers incredible surfing, water shedding deck, and a lightweight low demand on plastic molding shape that allows us to keep it lightweight and strong.
What it feels like to paddle the Fun Runner… in EJ’s words…
“Reminds me of the old days, but better.”
“Wow- two strokes and I am on the wave!” First time attaining onto the Rock Island Top Wave
“This makes the river much easier.” Paddling down North Fork of Payette at 4,000 cfs- in the final prototype
“I am going to use this to teach my “you can roll in 15 minutes or less” classes for sure.”
“I can’t wait for the Upper Caney Fork to run this winter…. the Fun Runner for sure!”
Look for our customer reviews on “My JK” for what the Fun Runner feels like to them soon as we begin shipping them to dealers worldwide! We expect to ship the first Fun Runner Sixty boats on November 20th, 2011!!! Pre-0rder yours quickly to have the first one on the river!
For Specs and more details- click here to go to the Fun Runner page.
See you on the River with our new River Runner!!
You should notice that the 2012 outfitting is standard in the new Fun Runner- sweet! New stronger, better looking, smoother, ad